The Taste of Authenticity
Sunday, July 06, 2014THE TASTE OF AUTHENTICITY
No calorie counting needed, as your right to indulge in all your favorite delights is now granted. This is your chance to make this healthy recipe a choice for your family and your loved ones during Iftar!
Cardamom Date Cake
- Preheat oven. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray oil.
- To prepare the cake, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a pit in the center of this bowl.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs in a medium bowl. Blend the mixture. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until moist. Stir in the dates and spoon the batter into the baking pan.
- To prepare the topping, combine the almonds, flour, sugar, and butter. Stir with a fork and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Cooking spray oil
- Flour, 2 cups
- Baking powder, 1 tsp
- Baking soda, 1 tsp
- Cardamom, ground, ½ tsp
- Cinnamon, ground, ½ tsp
- Butter, soft, 25% fat, 5 Tbsp
- Salt, ½ tsp
- Sugar, 1 cup
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- Eggs, 3
- Dates, pitted, chopped, ¾ cup
- Flour, 3 Tbsp
- Sugar, 3 Tbsp
- Almonds, sliced, 1/3 cup
- Butter, soft, 25% fat, 2 Tbsp