One of the worst things to experience is an eruption of blemishes! You and your skin feel inhibited when out and about, and your sense of beauty is affected. Help your skin free itself of blemishes by first learning more about the definition of them, and then by getting acquainted with the solutions that will definitely help your skin feel relaxed, clear, and confident.
What are blemishes anyway?
Skin blemishes are generally areas of the skin that show discoloration and pigmentation, and they can easily be recognized. Blemishes include acne, birthmarks, age spots, scars, pimples, and also uneven skin tone. They are the result of several causes, and according to Estée Lauder, adult blemishes can be triggered by a variety of factors, including hormone fluctuations, stress, environmental assaults, improper cleansing, lack of sleep, production of excess sebum, and more. These triggers can contribute to the following skin conditions, which can lead to the formation of blemishes:
- The cycle starts with an accumulation of excess flaky skin cells that don’t shed quickly or effectively and end up building up in the pores.
- Cellular debris blocks the pores, setting the stage for inflammation and impurities build up.
- Skin produces an excess of protective oil called sebum. The combination of oil and a clogged pore creates an airless environment in which bacteria thrive.
- For such reasons, pores become enlarged and inflamed, resulting in a blemish.
Yet there are plenty of solutions, so never give up. According to Clinique, blemishes are a universal skin care concern across all ages, ethnicities, and genders. Research shows that blemish sufferers try multiple remedies to address this concern, including prescription treatments. However, many treatments can be too harsh for sensitive skin, or the side effects can even aggravate the problem. Some prescriptions can also be very costly.
Blemishes down the drain
Prepare a schedule for your skin care routine in order to fight blemishes as hard as you can. Remember, you’re not in this alone… many women around the world suffer from blemishes and attempt to find solutions from high end skin care brands.
- Hydration via water intake: Drinking lots of water is a major key in maintaining a clear complexion. Water cleanses the skin from deep within and keeps it hydrated 24/7 making it stronger against all kinds of skin problems.
- Rest, rest, rest: Skin also gets tired fighting against harmful factors around the clock. Get enough sleep to have beautiful skin!
- Cleanliness is a must: Many kinds of blemishes actually appear when skin hasn’t been cleansed properly. Refer to cleansing products that are suitable for your skin type, and make sure you stick to making this step one of the most important daily tasks.
- Less makeup: Looking beautiful at all times makes you feel confident, yet when it affects the beauty of your skin, it starts to become a real threat. When your skin shows blemishes, learn that you must avoid applying too much makeup.
- Support through products: Last, but not least, skin care products that are made especially to fight blemishes make a major difference. You can find new and innovative products in the market from luxurious brands. Here are some examples: Clarins Super Restorative Day SPF 20 - Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel - Estée Lauder Clear Difference Advanced Blemish Serum