School is about to kick in once again and your young ones will be sitting at a desk for hours at a time before you know it. Don’t allow their activity level to fall off the priority list. Keep your youngsters happy and healthy will a schedule that always has a touch of fitness. Here are some tips:
- Be their example: Your kids won’t be interested in physical activity if you are always sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn! Set good examples for your kids and watch how they get on the right track.
- Follow their mood: Grab the opportunity when it arises to enjoy physical activity together. If they enjoy a certain activity, allow them to get involved with it.
- Encourage spontaneity and silliness: Have silly fun with your young ones. Tickle, giggle, and run around like you have all the time in the world.
- Consider walking to school: If your educational institution is close to home, why not walk with your child to and from? We have all become too accustomed to driving everywhere.
- Activity doesn’t have to be formal: Working around the house and having chores to do can provide your kids with the activity they need. How about taking the dog for a walk?
- Dress the part: If your kids are dressed for success – comfortable running shoes and sporting attire – they will be more inclined to run around and enjoy themselves.
- Pinpoint their motivation: Figure out what motivates your children to get up and go. When you know what gets their motor running, you can use it to your advantage.
- Set limits: Don’t allow your kids to sit in front of the computer or TV for hours at a time. If you don’t set some limits, they won’t know when to stop.