Wouldn’t it be nice to walk in to a home cooked meal by your husband? It could happen! Here are some steps to get your man into the kitchen… maybe.
1. Get your guy to cook what appeals to him. Men are like children; we have to push their buttons in an indiscreet manner. If you encourage your hubby or mate to cook something that appeals to his palette – like steak, chicken, tacos – he is more likely to put on his chef apron. Be sure to say ‘yummmm’ as you bite into his masterpiece.
2. Don’t boss him around. If he is willing to cook, be prepared to not say a word! Let him do things his own way so that he enjoys his culinary experience. Let him be the boss and you might have found your own personal chef.
3. Praise him like crazy! Boost his ego so that he learns to love cooking. What the heck, practice makes perfect in the end. Be patient, offer compliments, and enjoy your day off from the oven and stove.
4. Get things set up for him without him realizing! So he doesn’t think you are turning into his mother by telling him what to do every step of the way, set things up for him in advance. Conveniently leave some kitchen towels and cutting boards in sight.
5. You do the pots and pans! Don’t frown… you must help the poor guy out by doing the dishes at least. Hey, you can even give him dessert a little later on; and you can decide what that entails!!