REVLON Global Brand Ambassador Olivia Wilde attended the 2015 Met Gala on Monday, May 4th in New York City. Inspired by the Met’s new costume exhibition “China: Through the Look Glass,” Celebrity Makeup Artist, Mélanie Inglessis, created a bold eye offset by a simple nude lip to accentuate the theme and complement Olivia’s distinctive jeweled Prada gown and black gloves.
“Olivia’s gown had a 1950's Asian feel to it. We thought a strong graphic liner was the perfect accessory to this amazing dress and to show off Olivia’s great features."
Inglessis used the following products for Olivia’s red carpet look:
- Skin was prepped with REVLON PhotoReady Airbrush Effects Makeup to give skin a flawless finish.
- To create soft pink cheeks, Inglessis applied REVLON Powder Blush in Racy Rose to the apples of Olivia’s cheeks to add a sheer softness around the face.
- For the bold eye, Inglessis started with REVLON PhotoReady Kajal Liner in Matte Coal to create a graphic line, using the pencil to draw the perfect the shape.
- Once the shape was drawn, REVLON ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black was traced over the line to add texture, leave a slight shine finish, and set the makeup.
- To create depth, REVLON ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Addictive was blended on the eyelid, starting with the top two shades at the crease and the darker taupe brought down across the bottom lashes to build dimension.
- To finish, top and bottom lashes were brushed with 2 coats of REVLON Bold Lacquer Mascara in Black