Ahhh… that famous LV emblem that can make a grown girl cry! Louis Vuitton has been a symbol of luxury for a very long time, and for good reason. Here are 10 facts you most likely didn’t know about this famous designer brand.
- At the young age of 16, Louis Vuitton started his career in trunk-making.
- It was in 2004 that Louis Vuitton celebrated its 150th anniversary.
- In addition to purses, the famous brand also produces shoes, watches, jewelry, accessories, sunglasses, books, a writing collection, and even garbage bags.
- The first Louis Vuitton store opened in 1854 and it wasn’t until 1892 that he began making handbags.
- The LV jewelry line kicked off when Marc Jacobs introduced a charm bracelet in 2001.
- The LV monogram that we ladies have grown to love so well was created to fight counterfeiting attempts.
- One of the most popular LV bags ever produced is the Alma… and it was so sought after by numerous celebrities. It was so adored that it was the only hand bag Chanel ever carried other than her own.