- Goat herders in Ethiopia discovered coffee in circa 800 A.D.
- Hawaii is the only U.S. state that grows coffee to sell.
- Coffee was originally something to eat in its berry form.
- In history, there have been 5 attempts to ban coffee.
- You need to drink 100+ cups of coffee for the lethal dose of caffeine.
- Finland has the ranking of the most caffeinated country; the average adult drinks 4-5 cups/day.
- Coffee stays warmer for longer when cream is added; adding milk reduces the effect of caffeine.
- The biggest iced coffee ever made was in 2010 in Las Vegas; it was 1,500 gallons.
- Just the smell of coffee brewing can boost you up.
- Dark roasted coffees actually have less caffeine that lighter ones – the contrary to what most people think.
10 Interesting Facts About Coffee
Friday, May 08, 201510 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT COFFEE