There is nothing like a simple and fresh salad dressing whipped up in a flash…. That bottled stuff can stay on the shelf where it belongs! With a simple vinaigrette consisting of one part acid and three parts oil, it couldn’t get any more elementary. So whether you opt for vinegar or lemon, it doesn’t really matter! It’s all about a choosing heart friendly and good quality oil… and making it your own with special additions.
Here are some great salad lover tips:
- Leafy greens should only be drizzled with salad dressing at the very last minute to avoid a droopy mess.
- Salads made up of grilled or steamed veggies should be dressed when still warm in order to soak up all the goodness.
- When using flavorful greens such as rocca… go for a strong base ingredient such as Balsamic vinegar.
- When enjoying delicate greens… opt for lemon juice or rice wine vinegar to suit the softness.
- When eating romaine lettuce… choose a creamy dressing for perfection.
- Adding some Dijon mustard, garlic, or fresh herbs goes a long way!
- ALWAYS be sure to dry all of your salad ingredients before assembling your masterpiece and dressing it for consumption.