Hmm…jumping on the exercise bike or jumping on your lover? Either way, you are burning calories; so you decide which route to take! Getting hot and sweaty in bed is a great way to boost your vitality.
- Sex strengthens pelvic floor muscles: Exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor, an important part of your core, can be done sitting at your desk and even during sex. You are performing Kegel’s while having sex, which increases pleasure.
- Sex relieves stuffiness: Here’s another great reason to have an orgasm today – it will clear your sinuses!
- Sex boosts your immunity: Those who have sex once or twice a week have 30 percent higher levels of the antibody immunoglobulin A, which boosts the immune system and helps fight infections.
- Sex promotes sleep: The hormone oxytocin increases when you have sex, and the heightened level helps you sleep better. Getting enough sleep is an important part of your overall health, so get it on!
- Sex reduces heart disease risks: Men who have sex two or more times a week cut their risk of developing heart disease in half.
- Sex adds years to your life: Women who enjoy sex live longer than women who don't, and sex can make women feel two to eight years younger.
- Sex reduces stress levels: The feel-good endorphins released during sex will help you forget about your bad day…. Much better than puffing on a cigarette!