You can remain happily married if you continue on a positive and joyful path together. So where does one begin? Don't forget the following pointers and you should be good to go!
- Continue accepting each other for the good, the bad, and the ugly. Accept your differences and live in harmony. There is no room for trying to change one another. Focus on the good... and bliss is inevitable.
- Don't be demanding; ask for things nicely. Construct your words in a very delicate manner so you don't come across as a nag - and this goes for both the men and the women out there. Pick your words with care so you do not offend.
- Express your appreciation for each other often. Don't ever forget to verbally express yourself to your partner. It doesn't matter how long you have been together - tell them how happy you are as much as possible.
- Stay on a positive track. If you get stuck in an unhappy mode within your relationship, it can be quite hard to get out of it. Focus on what your partner does right and skip the criticism.
- Reminisce often. Don't forget about great times from the past. As life settles in, it is easy to forget how madly in love you once were. Relive good memories and appreciate them fully.
- Allow each other to have a bad day. We can't always be so happy and positive, so when a day comes along and your partner is in a foul mood, accept it and sympathize. Do not become defensive.
- Beware of the comfort zone. Just because you have a great relationship doesn't mean you shouldn't put out some effort. Continue to date, dress well, sleep in something flattering, and keep up your appearance.
- Recognize your partner's cues. If your partner is craving some attention, acknowledge this and help him/her out. It's great to have a partner that is looking after your needs and wants.