Ohhh the munchies! They will get you every time when you least expect them. So when you simply cannot resist a late night snack (especially when you are on a diet) which is the best to choose? We offer you the top 5 late night snack options that won’t take residence on your good old hips…
1. Yogurt with pomegranate seeds: Absolutely delicious, low-fat or non-fat yogurt is a fantastic snack option - especially if you're trying to lose some weight. Adding pomegranate seeds to your bowl will also add a nice, tart flavor with powerful antioxidant punch.
2. A handful of pistachios: This nutrient-rich, simple snack is perfect for the dieter in you. Studies reveal that snacking on pistachios compared to other simple snacks leads to more weight loss and offers a better chance in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
3. Sugar-free chocolate pudding: When you must have a chocolatey snack, a low fat version of this creamy favorite is surely next to none! Low fat chocolate pudding is the perfect option for all of the chocoholics out there watching their waistline. Your sweet tooth is satisfied, and your scale doesn’t budge.
4. A small bowl of strawberries: Sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth, a nice little bowl of strawberries might be the perfect snack to satisfy your midnight munchies. And if you need a sweeter option, drizzle a bit of organic honey on top to enjoy to the maximum.
5. Turkey slices on lettuce: Just when you thought you couldn’t resist a late night snack, some sliced turkey flies in to keep things under control. Low in fat, turkey is the perfect protein enriched snack to throw on top of crisp pieces of lettuce leaves with a dollop of mustard.