You've got the sniffles, you're sneezing, and now you have a tickle in your throat. Yup... it's the beginning of a sore throat dilemma. What can you do to battle it the natural way? Let us offer you some handy advice:
1. Go for the classic salt water solution and gargle! Acting as a mild antiseptic, salt water helps to clear up that nasty phlegm.
2. Use the occasional half teaspoon of baking soda mixed in a glass of warm h2O. This solution also helps to keep mucous at bay.
3. Invest in a humidifier to place in your bedroom. Added moisture to the air you breathe will help keep the lining of your throat from becoming too dry and irritated.
4. If you haven't already... butt out! Kick the smoking habit for the sake of your delicate throat.
5. Opt for breathing through your nose instead of your mouth. This action is less drying for your sensitive throat.
6. Drink a hot cup of lemon water with a spoonful of honey. Very soothing!