You are living the life! You have made promises to yourself and are eagerly trying to live a healthy and well balanced lifestyle. Exercise has become a part of your weekly ritual, an assortment of healthy foods is always on hand, and meditation starts the morning before that cup of coffee meets your lips. However, with all that said and done, the craving for sweetness still arises. But there is no need to fret! With some thought and planning, you can attack your craving for sweetness in a healthy and effective manner that will keep you on track. This is the sweet life.
Canderel Sucralose in your everyday diet
Calories in verses calories out - sounds like a simple mathematical equation, but life isn’t always so straight forward. With busy lifestyles and hectic schedules, it’s much easier said than done. So what about being proactive in keeping your sugar intake at bay?
Low calorie sweeteners, such as Canderel Sucralose, can most definitely play an important role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a healthy weight. Choosing to incorporated sucralose into your diet is simply a smart and effective way to avoid weight gain and keep your calorie intake on track. So basically, you can have your cake… and eat it too!
It’s also good to know that Canderel Sucralose isn’t just for your morning coffee or afternoon tea; it is also the ideal substitute for sugar in your favorite baked goods and homemade recipes at home. It replaces sugar spoon-for-spoon and can be exactly what you need when your sweet tooth gets the best of you. Go ahead and sprinkle some on your fruit salad, bowl of cereal, or yogurt parfait as well.
Need some baking inspiration? Here is a recipe that will surely become one of your favorites!
Luxury Carrot Cake Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 2 carrots finely grated
- Juice and rind 1 small orange
- Black seeds from 8 cardamom pods, ground in a pestle and mortar
- 100 ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 25 g Canderel Sucralose granular/powder
- 100 ml light olive oil or sunflower oil
- 350 g self-raising flour
- 50 g raisins chopped
For the topping:
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp Canderel Sucralose granular/powder
- 250 g low fat cream cheese
For the syrup:
- 1 large orange
- 4 tbsp Canderel Sucralose granular/powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 23cm square cake pan.
2. Combine the carrots, orange juice, zest, ground cardamom seeds, and milk in a small bowl and set aside.
3. With electric beaters whip the eggs and granular Canderel until thick and creamy. Gradually add the oil, beating well. Fold the flour into the mixture alternating with the raisins and carrot mixture.
4. Spoon into the cake pan and bake for 40 – 45 minutes until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean. When cooked transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
5. For the orange syrup, peel the skin from the orange and cut into fine strips. Place in a small saucepan with the orange juice and the granular Canderel. Gently bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until orange strips are soft and orange juice has reduced slightly and is syrupy.
6. For the topping, beat together cream cheese with vanilla essence and the granular Canderel. Spread over the top of the cake and serve cut into squares with a drizzle of orange syrup.
500 kcals per serving