Clever, adorable, witty, and ambitious! Here is Cynthia Khalifeh under a microscope!
1. Where are you originally from in Lebanon?
I am originally from my beloved Batroun – North of Lebanon.
2. Would you ever consider leaving the country indefinitely?
Yes. I am planning to leave in fall 2016 for my Master’s degree…. I do not have plans for after that. I’ll let the winds take me.
3. What are 3 words you would pick to describe living here?
Sacrifice, patience, instability.
4. What is the best part of your life right now?
Honestly and bluntly? My newly adopted pet!
5. Do you have a special someone in your life right now?
Refer to #4.
6. Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook? Which is your favorite?
I guess it is Instagram, as it is the most popular nowadays, at least in our region.
7. Favorite restaurant?
Mmmm…. I am a BIG food lover. I love and appreciate ALL kinds of dishes and tastes, colors, cuisines, specialties and…. I guess this question is the hardest!
8. Favorite and lease favorite food?
No, I guess this one is the hardest.
9. Favorite drink?
Non-alcoholic: orange juice and lemonade. Alcoholic: I guess it would be a good Vodka.
10. Favorite dessert?
Oh gosh… again with these questions Kristine … fine … fondant au chocolate.
11. Favorite sport to watch and to play?
To watch: rugby. To play: squash.
12. Favorite movie?
Cinema is a hobby I have, a degree I earned, and a job I do. I can list a million titles, so I guess stating a few favorite directors would be easier for me. I appreciate Woody Allen, Giuseppe Tornatore, Martin Scorsese, Stanley Kubrick, and Almodovar…
13. Favorite TV program?
Not a big fan of TV (weird), but I do enjoy French cultural shows.
14. What is the hardest part about being an actress?
Competition and instability.
15. What is the best gift you have ever received?
16. Who is your favorite actor/actress to work with?
Rafic Ali Ahmad.
17. Who is one person you would love to have coffee with?
18. How important is friendship to you?
It is a treasure to protect.
19. If you could have one super power… what would it be?
Go back in time to ancient days.
20. How do you calm down and de-stress?
I sit alone and read.
21. What is the worst habit you have?
Biting my lips and cheeks.
22. Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
I do not know anymore…. Lebanon creates a big dilemma around that.
23. What puts you in a good mood?
Genuine, happy people… music and painting.
24. What is the last thing you do before sleeping?
25. Your favorite holiday is done….?
26. What has given you the push to be politically and socially active lately?
The ugly waste of talent, time, and brains.
27. Do you have a favorite website?
Nope; not a specific one.
28. What are 3 things you can’t live without?
Food, water, and air.
29. If you could switch lives with anyone, who would it be?
30. If you could change one thing about you, what would it be?
31. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Honesty, honesty, and honesty.
32. What is the best activity for you when at home on rainy day?
Watching a movie or series, listening to music, surfing the Web, cooking…
33. What is your favorite makeup brand?
34. Is there a beauty or skincare product you cannot live without?
My daily hydrating creams…. No specific brands.
35. If you weren’t answering these questions right now, what would you be doing?J
Right now? 1 pm… lunch-break, empty stomach, kibbe dish at the cafeteria… oh man…. I’d be eating!!