Trick or treat? Yes, Halloween is almost here, and so is the big rounded orange fruit! Not only does the pumpkin come in handy to reflect the spirit of this holiday, it also stands in the face of autumn’s nasty games played on your looks. When it comes to pumpkin and beauty, the answer is always “treat,” and here’s how it satisfies both your skin and hair.
Pumpkins are abundant in the fall season, but they can also be found all year long in small cans from the market. This means your skin and hair can be nourished and healed by pumpkins all year round. Although this plump fruit might seem a little bit scary when used for Halloween décor, a pumpkin is surprisingly beautiful from the inside, providing your beauty with a boost of benefits.
Candy to Skin
Pumpkins are fruits rich in vitamins, such as vitamin A and vitamin C, which are considered to be your skin’s closest friends. Packed with enzymes, this orange fruit helps renew skin cells, turning your skin color vibrant and alive. Listing the different skin benefits of a pumpkin gives a clear image of how it acts as a tasteful treat to your skin…
- Pumpkin boosts collagen production and thus fights the signs of aging
- With the help of zinc, it helps control oil production and thus fights acne
- Since pumpkin molecules can easily penetrate the surface of the skin, it helps in preventing pigmentation
- With the help of vitamin E, pumpkins build new cells and protect cell membranes, making a great barrier to the skin
Dollar Bills to Hair
Pumpkins are great for enriching your skin and for bringing back your hair to its natural state. Starting from the scalp, which holds the roots of the hair, pumpkin nourishes with vitamin A to maintain its health. Pumpkins are rich in potassium and magnesium and therefore promote hair growth. When suffering from hair loss, turn to this Halloween fruit for comfort. Not only do pumpkins smile at your hair, they also flatter it with extra moisture, healing its damaged tips.
Costume to Beauty
Just like you dress up on Halloween, a pumpkin helps you dress up your beauty so that your looks are constantly amazing. Using pumpkin in beauty recipes is a great way to benefit, as your skin enjoys direct contact with beneficial substances. Here is an easy homemade recipe you can prepare at home during the fall season:
- Mix cooked pumpkin with apple cider vinegar and apply to damp skin. Leave the mask on your face for 30 minutes and then rinse off with water. You will enjoy oil-free skin that shines with beauty thanks to this recipe.