Who doesn’t love a day at the spa? A little pampering never hurt anyone, or so they say. However, if you are visiting your local beauty center day in and day out… it can get a little heavy on the wallet. While maintaining one’s beauty can often cost a pretty penny, it is good to know that there are ways to maintain your overall look in the comfort of your own home! Problem is: your favorite beautician doesn’t want you know this! Here are some ways to enhance yourself to the max “à la maison.”
1. You can skip the pricey moisturizing facial: You don’t always have to visit your local beauty center to get a deep moisturizing facial; you can invest in an at-home mask that can be used several times at your convenience instead! Just throw on your pajamas, slip in a DVD, and relax with a beautifying mask on your face at your leisure. You can even have a little healthy snack while you’re at it.
Product pick: Estee Lauder Night Repair Mask
2. A manicure is manageable at home: Don’t you notice that as soon as you get yourself a manicure, you suddenly have the urge to declutter your entire closet? And then, those nail edges take a beating before you even started your work week! No more worries! You can achieve a professional looking manicure - considering you use top quality nail products and stick to pastel shades. And always remember, it’s all about the top coat! Add a fresh top coat daily and your home mani will last all week long.
Product pick: OPI Soft Shades Pastel Power
3. Expensive doesn’t always mean better: Skip your expensive laser treatment and opt for a whitening and brightening solution at home that will help to reduce the sun spots you inherited over the summer. At least it is a step in the right direction at the fraction of the cost!
Product pick: Ultimate W+ Whitening Solution by Mesoestetic
4. You can pass on the regular pedicure: You might be able to miss your next pedicure, that is, if you use a deeply moisturizing cream that will make your feet appear salon beautiful. Just soak them, scrub them, and slather on an amazingly soothing cream that will give you the skin of a baby. Just apply a natural tone nail polish that can’t go wrong.
Product pick: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Line
5. No need to go permanent: Tattooing your eyebrows may be the solution for some people, but it’s definitely not the answer for everyone. If you take the time to do your brows right every day with an eye brow collection that can do no wrong, you won’t have to worry about regretting the permanent stuff.
Product pick: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Collection