Yep, typical contouring is already sooo last year! So what exactly is strobing? It's the latest term for highlighting, but with a twist.
This new way of highlighting your face in all the right places gives you a fresh and dewy look… in simple terms: you achieve a more youthful glow.
However, since the dewy look can turn into a rather sweaty look if you are not in-the-know on how to do it, here are some pointers to get you there successfully!
1. Prepare your face with a good moisturizer. Strobing is all about getting a faultless glow.
2. Use a highlighter color that suits and matches your skin tone. Ensure the highlighter you're using matches your skin tone for a subtle shine.
3. Focus on the areas that catch the light. So basically, we are talking cheekbones, temples, the bridge of the nose, below the brow bone, in the corners of your eyes, and above the cupid's bow.
4. Once applied, blend it with your fingers, a brush, or a damp makeup sponge.
Our product pick:
The new Bourjois Sculpt Light highlighter !
The perfect tool for catching the light even when you move, it illuminates and visually sculpts facial features: cheekbones, brow bone and the Cupid's bow. A light and fluid gel formula enriched with subtle light-reflecting pearlescent pigments that perfectly fits in your make up routine and could be applied after the foundation. Its universal shade adapts to all skin tones. The Sculpt Light highlighter: a bright idea to catch all eyes!
Sculpt Light Universal Strobing beauty tip in 3 steps:
- Make the eyebrows pop by lining the eyebrow arch with the Sculpt Light. Blend it by tapping with fingertip.
- Illuminate & emphasize the top of the cheekbones from the middle of the eyes to the temples. Blend the texture by tapping with fingertips for a natural an even out result.
- Plump the lips with a touch of light on the Cupid’s bow for a glowy finish