No doubt one of your fitness goals is to work on those abs of yours! If not, maybe it should be! Need some inspiration? Let’s check out Gigi Hadid’s core workout to get us all in the mood to get moving!
She’s young, famous, and has a body to kill. But hey, who said it was all ‘au natural’? She DOES have to put in her time at the gym too you know. The good news is YOU can follow her core workout routine and strut your stuff in a tank top sooner than you thought. Most importantly, start today…
As stated on Vogue.com: “It’s all about how hard you work and how much you put in—Gigi is a hard worker,” says Rob Piela, owner of New York’s Gotham Gym and Gotham G-Box, who began training Hadid two and a half years ago.
A typical session has Gigi switch back and forth between cardio-friendly boxing and energetic floor work to keep her core engaged through a total-body workout… a routine she engages in week after week diligently.
“Staying fit is all about consistency,” he says. “Don’t miss workout days; don’t get lazy in the winter.”
Piela advises vigilant ab work 4 days a week: planks to work the deeper muscles, crunches for a visible six-pack, and leg raises to target the lower abdominals.
“The combination of those three moves is golden,” he says, adding that eating well and avoiding sugar are equally key.
Here is the supermodel’s core focused workout step by step:
1. Warm up the core with 10 minutes of boxing.
2. Perform 3 sets of 40 crunches each.
3. Raise heart rate with 10 minutes of boxing.
4. Perform 3 sets of 40 bicycle crunches each, kicking each leg out once per bicycle.
5. Box for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Take a plank pose to hit the transverse abdominals, holding for about a minute, or as long as you can uphold good form.
7. Super-set straight into leg raises to hit the lower abdominals, performing 4 sets of 25 leg raises each.