Emotional eating can get the best of us. However, if you know your weaknesses, you can work towards conquering them. These tips are proven to be helpful… so stick them up on your fridge for ongoing encouragement!
1. Never shop for food when you are hungry, tired, or feeling emotional. This will only provoke you to purchase comfort food and indulge later on.
2. Always write a grocery list and stick to it 100%. And if you are too tempted at the supermarket, consider doing your shopping online or have it delivered.
3. If you are a mom, don’t eat your kid’s leftovers! Don’t worry about the food wasted, worry about your waistline.
4. Take the initiative when ordering in a restaurant. Studies reveal that the first person to order will influence the others at the table.
5. Enjoy a piece of sugar-free gum while cooking. This simple trick will help you to avoid tasting, dipping, and eating on the sidelines.