Looking for some workout inspiration? Here are 5 fitness facts that will put a hop in your step.
1. No matter how poor your current level of fitness, you can start an exercise routine and become fitter and healthier! Even 90-year-old women who use walkers have been shown in studies to benefit from light weight training. So get up and get moving today!
2. Women with heart disease or arthritis experience improved daily function from involvement in various modes of physical activity. So basically, exercise will work in preventing disease and managing it.
3. Fitness consists of four components: your body's ability to use oxygen as a source of energy, which translates into cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, and body composition. So exercising on a daily basis improves your life on so many levels and is the ideal anti-aging activity.
4. To address all the components of fitness, an exercise program needs to include aerobic exercise, which is continuous repetitive movement of large muscle groups that raises your heart rate, weight lifting or strength training, and flexibility exercises or stretching. You decide to put in the work, and you will reap the benefits big time both mentally and physically!
5. It takes about 12 weeks after starting an exercise program to see measurable changes in your body. However, before 12 weeks, you will notice an increase in both strength and endurance. Start today, and see visible results before summer time.