While some of us are naturally blessed with full lips, or are endowed by other means, some of us are not so lucky in the lip domain. However, regardless of lip size, we can all pucker up beautifully with the right makeup… and the right techniques.
To help you out, here are 13 lipstick tricks every woman should know about:
- Rubbing a small amount of moisturizer on your lips makes applying lipstick easier.
- Always blot your lips gently with a tissue without removing too much color so you can brush on a second coat to create a deeper effect and to provide durability.
- Applying clear or tinted lip gloss gives you a shiny finish, while lightly dusting your lips with translucent powder using a powder brush gives a matte effect.
- Lip gloss should only be applied in the center of your bottom lip as it tends to bleed to the edges.
- For long lasting lip color, apply a sheer layer of foundation on lips, dust powder on them, and then color them.
- If one of your lips is larger than the other, balance the look by using the lighter shade of the lipstick on the smaller-sized lip.
- To keep lipstick off teeth, once it is applied, put your index finger (which is wrapped in tissue) into your mouth and pull it out.
- To hide lip lines, apply lipstick vertically.
- Store lipstick in the fridge and it will last longer.
- If you do not like a shade of lipstick, do not throw it out. Just mix it with other shades of lipstick and create your own shade.
- Using a small, firm lipstick brush to apply lipstick gives you more control over direction and achieves a perfect edge.
- If your lipstick breaks, just light a match under the broken part for a while and place it back on the base. Then swivel down the lipstick and put it in the fridge uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- To prevent lipstick from sticking to the glass you are drinking from, discreetly lick the edge of the glass before touching your lips to it.