Whether you had a wild girl’s night and your feet are aching from dancing too much… or you just came back from an awesome summer concert and your ears are still throbbing, there are moments when the LAST thing YOU want to do is remove your makeup and wash your face. Been there, done that.
What’s one night of makeup going to do to your poor old skin?! Uh-oh, hopefully nothing too serious…
Let’s break things down for you in simple terms. When you hit the sack, your skin takes the opportunity to recuperate from daily stress. With makeup slathered on, and your head hitting the pillow, this is nearly impossible to happen. Luckily, the occasional evening of laziness is not going to make you or break you; however, ensure it doesn’t become a habit, that is, for the sake of your beauty and skin health!
So what should you do on those nights of skin care neglect? Here is our advice to you…
- Grab your favorite micellar solution to remove the obvious grime on your face from the get-go. This will help to dissolve and remove makeup debris quickly and effectively while also offering some hydration.
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser - one that will strip away dirt from the night before but not strip your skin of natural moisture.
- Next, go for a mild exfoliating product to rid your skin of surface dead skin cells that will make anyone look dull and lifeless.
- To help nourish and promote the healing of your skin, go for an antioxidant-rich serum and follow up with an ultra-rich lotion.
- If you have nothing on the agenda, skip makeup for the day to allow your skin to breathe.
- Drink plenty of fresh water to rejuvenate your skin in case of dehydration from your night out on the town.
- Target any spots or blemishes with a mild product that combats pimples.
The next time you just cannot wait to hit that pillow of yours, remember your poor old pores and how they will suffer in the end. You don’t want to wake up with a disaster on your hands! Pledge to remove your makeup and wash your face no matter what! Worse is worse, at least leave some makeup remover towelettes at your bedside!