Sanitizing those fun bedroom gadgets is a job that must get done… so put away the broom and vacuum as you learn how to clean up house down under. You see, if you don’t do the necessary spring cleaning, you risk the possibility of a bacterial or yeast infection… and maybe even an STD if toys are shared.
But before we get into the nitty-gritty, you first need to determine what your favorite toy is made of because that will define which route you should take. Once that is done, you can check out the below useful tips for keeping your sex gadgets clean, sanitized, fresh, and useful!
- It is important to clean your sex toys after each use for the sake of your good health. Just be sure to remove any batteries first!
- Never immerse electrical pieces/toys in water. Only use a damp cloth with antibacterial soap to cleanse your favorite toy.
- Toys should always be cleaned, dried, and appropriately stored after every single use.
- Stow toys away in a special container or pouch (to keep hygienic AND out of sight) and in a cool, dry place.
- Silicone toys can usually be cleaned in the top rack of a dishwasher. Just be sure YOU are the one to empty the dishwasher once the cycle is complete!
- If made out of jelly rubber, nylon, or even leather, that means you have a toy made of porous material. These toys can harbor bacteria within their crevices; make sure to use a non-toxic cleaner.
- Warm water and a very mild soap can do the job on basic toys.
- Investing in a specialty cleanser is also a good option to kill germs and prevent the growth of bacteria. Check out the latest products online.
- Spray cleaners are fantastic, considering you opt for one that is alcohol-free. Alcohol can dry out delicate materials such as rubber and latex, breaking down its composition.
- Check out UV-Cgermicidal light, a new technology that kills 99.9% of bacteria. Ultraviolet technology is a non-chemical method for disinfection.
- Always be sure to keep sex toy packaging for future reference to manufacturer's instructions.
The bottom line will always remain the same… when the fun is done, be sure to clean up your act!