One out of every two of you female readers will experience osteoporotic fractures after the age of 50. Therefore, it is necessary to build a strong relationship with your bones today! How so? Open up a friendly chat by asking them what their favorite meals are, even if you know they prefer calcium and vitamin D. Next, start pampering them with exercise, enough exposure to sunlight, and a delightful rewarding menu. Your bones will surely thank you at a later stage in your life when you need their support the most!
3 Fabulous Recipes for Strong and Healthy Bones
Friday, June 02, 20173 FABULOUS RECIPES FOR STRONG AND HEALTHY BONES
Launch your day with calcium rich mignonettes!
- Cut cucumber into thick round pieces. Top each piece with labneh. Sprinkle dried mint or dried thyme on each. Insert a toothpick into each.
- Top each tomato slice with a slice of white mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle dried basil. Add some olive oil. Insert a toothpick into each.
- Cucumbers, 6
- Tomatoes, 2 big slices
- White mozzarella cheese, 2 slices
- Labneh, low fat, 4 Tbsp
- Dried mint, dried thyme, dried basil, 2 tsp of each
- Olive oil, 2 tsp
Protect your bones with osteo-friendly scrambled eggs!
- Spray a skillet with some cooking olive oil and place over medium heat. Add the asparagus and cook until it becomes tender. Set aside.
- Spray on some cooking olive oil again and place in the broccoli. Cook until tender. Set aside.
- Add spinach leaves to the skillet, toss frequently, and cook until the leaves wilt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and add to them milk. Whisk after adding salt and pepper.
- Add this mixture to broccoli, spinach, and asparagus. Toss the fresh mushrooms. Place on low heat and stir occasionally.
- While hot, add smoked salmon, feta cheese, and grated parmesan.
- Olive oil, cooking spray
- Eggs, 4
- Milk, skimmed, 1 Tbsp
- Feta cheese, ¼ cup
- Smoked salmon, chopped, 60g
- Asparagus, chopped, 4 stalks
- Salt and black pepper
- Broccoli, 1 cup
- Spinach, baby, chopped, 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese, grated, 1 Tbsp
- Mushrooms, fresh, thinly sliced, 1 cup
Break-proof your bones the sweet way!
- Whisk honey into yogurt. Layer part of this mixture at the bottom of a glass. Layer with strawberries. Layer another part of the mix on top of the strawberries. Then layer with blueberries.
- Layer another part of the mix on top of the blueberries. Then layer with all bran flakes and almonds.
- Yogurt, low fat, plain, 2 cups
- Strawberries, sliced, 1 cup
- Blueberries, 1 cup
- Almonds, chopped
- Honey, 6 tsp
- All-Bran Flakes, ½ cup
TWO CUPS OF MILK ON WORLD MILK DAY
THE TASTE OF AUTHENTICITY
8 HEALTHY WAYS TO SATISFY YOUR SWEET TOOTH
5 STEPS TO EATING CLEAN STARTING TODAY
7 REASONS TO START DRINKING TOMATO JUICE