Delicious Ginger Christmas Cookies
Tuesday, November 29, 2016DELICIOUS GINGER CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Ginger Christmas Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
5 AMAZING SPICES THAT WILL BOOST YOUR GOOD HEALTH!
A SUCCULENT SALVADORIAN ROASTED TURKEY
MADE TOO MUCH RICE? INSTANT DESSERT!
CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER!
HERITAGE WITH A HEALTHY TWIST…