Lightning paves its way through a cloudy sky and thunder suddenly interrupts bouts of silence. The wind is raging fast, moving trash on the streets. The sky tears itself open and shy drops of rain begin to drip. Some look worried as they rush to find shelter. Others are pissed off as the stormy cold night has destroyed all their plans. For me, it was different: I wore my pajamas once again and sat on a comfy sofa in the living room by the window sipping a bowl of soup as its scent wafted through my nose. Join me for an unforgettable warm sensation as we get in the mood for … soup!
Get in the Soup Mood!
Sunday, March 02, 2014GET IN THE SOUP MOOD!
Servings: 4 - Time for preparation: 45 minutes
- Add onion then garlic to pre-heated oil in a pot. Fry until onion is golden brown.
- Add asparagus to the mixture.
- Add chicken stock and stir over low heat for around 10 to 12 minutes until asparagus becomes tender.
- Remove mixture and put in a blender until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Mix all other ingredients aside (except the cream) and add to the above mixture. Mix the mixture continuously until it thickens.
- Return the soup to the pot. Add cream and cook gently for a few minutes until the soup has a creamy texture. Serve while hot.
- Vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon
- Nutmeg, sprinkle
- Pepper, sprinkle
- Cream, low fat, 3 tablespoons
- Asparagus, canned or frozen, 400g
- Onion, chopped, 1 medium
- Starch, 1 tablespoon
- White pepper, sprinkle
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Chicken broth, 4 cups
- Garlic, minced, 2 cloves
- Water, 1 cup