Did you know...?
- A woman's "love button" is the only human organ with the exclusive purpose of sexual pleasure.
- The body of the clitoris is suspended from the pubic bone by a short ligament... emerging to form a very small external glans at the top of a woman's vulva.
- The majority of the clitoris is located within the pelvis.
- The clitoris has over 8,000 nerve fibers; that's more than two times the number found in the head of our friend the penis.
- It wasn't until 2009 that we were all introduced to a complete 3D sonogram image of the clitoris.
- The clitoris has erectile tissue; yup, just like the penis! During arousal, it swells and grows in size; the level of swelling ranges from female to female.