1. Say NO to soft drinks. They are loaded with sugar and are even addictive! Slowly wean your body off of them asap.
2. Avoid sugar ridden yogurts by adding fresh fruit to a plain low fat yogurt of your choice. This is an easy way to reduce your calorie intake.
3. By sticking to whole foods and grains, you can't go wrong. No huge amounts of nasty sugar in mother nature's products!
4. Add some fresh water to your fruit juice to reduce sugar content and reduce calories.
5. Pick desserts wisely by opting for baked fruits that will ooze their natural sugars to satisfy your sweet tooth.