Beat a chilly night at home with a bowl of soup that holds the green belt in nutrition and health benefits! Grab a handful of spinach leaves, a big bunch of asparagus, and some broccoli florets. Now, roll up your sleeves and let’s get busy welcoming the superhero for tonight: broccoli, asparagus, and spinach soup.
A Super Soup in a Bowl
Thursday, May 01, 2014A SUPER SOUP IN A BOWL
May the smell of soup warm your kitchen…
Servings: Gather the ingredients for 4 bowls!
- Put olive oil in a pot with chopped onion and garlic.
- Add chunks of asparagus, broccoli, and spinach. Add water and bring to boiling point. Keep tossing veggies until they become soft, but not overcooked.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend.
- Pour back into the pot. Add the oats and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt plus white and black pepper, and then add cooking cream. Turn off the heat thereafter.
- Asparagus, fresh, around 2 cups
- Broccoli florets, 2 cups
- Spinach leaves, 2 cups
- Oatmeal, instant, ½ cup
- Water, 2 cups
- Onion, 1 small
- Garlic cloves, 4
- Cooking cream, low fat, 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil, 1 Tbsp
- Salt plus white and black pepper
This soup did not earn the green belt in nutrition and health benefits except after some serious hard work! Here are 3 features that make this soup worth giving it a try:
- Low in calories: As many of you readers out there are dieters, perhaps the feature that matters to you most is the calorie count. Rest assured… because this soup has only 107 calories per serving, which makes it worthy of being under the spotlight for a superlight dinner.
- Loaded with fiber: The high fiber content makes this soup rewarding for dieters since it keeps them full for longer lengths of time; this is equally important for anyone in search of healthier digestion.
- Packed with 3 nutrition idols: These idols are broccoli, asparagus, and spinach. Broccoli is well-reputed as an immunity enhancer, bone health promoter, and loyal friend to your heart. Ever since Popeye’s time, spinach has been well known to have an anti-aging effect due to its richness in antioxidants. Adding further to this soup’s nutritional profile is the role asparagus plays in being rich in anti-inflammatory compounds that are protective against heart disease and diabetes, bone-friendly vitamin K, and inulin, which has a proven record in preventing colon cancer.