Everyone has a different “rock bottom” when it comes to weight loss. But one thing is certain, when it comes, people will go to almost any lengths to lose weight and get healthy.
Unfortunately, many opt for pills and promises of a quick fix, both of which usually come with a high price tag. So, when CTS360 was introduced, the weight loss program promised not only that it could help shed pounds, but increase metabolism and energy while suppressing the appetite, and loads of people jumped on board.
But, are they on the right track… or a very pricey train bound for nowhere? Let’s take a closer look.
Table of Contents
Complete Nutrition began in 2004 and is based out of Omaha, Nebraska. It’s been one of the fastest growing franchises in the U.S., with a 2013 revenue of $95.3 million dollars.
While their main thrust began with brick-and-mortar stores, they have since branched out into online retail sales of nutritional supplements aimed at weight loss management, sports nutrition, and general health.
According to the Complete Nutrition website:
Complete Nutrition also works with various health care providers, nutritionists and chemists to develop the highest-quality formulations for supplements. These products are exclusive to Complete Nutrition and serve as a customer’s best weapon in boosting their results and reaching their goals.
Soon after the company started, they released the CTS360 program, a series of supplements purportedly designed to aid not only in weight loss, but energy, metabolism, and appetite suppression, among other healthful goals.
Products and Claims
The CTS360 program consists of 3 main products, each as described on the company’s website:
- CTS360® Maximum ($69.99) is the strongest fat burner in the CTS360® line and the top-selling product online. It supports energy, fat-burning, and appetite for maximum results.
- CTS360™ Night ($39.99) enhances daytime weight loss by providing stimulant-free digestion and a soothing cleanse, all during a restful night’s sleep.*
- Improve Sleep Quality*
- Stimulant-Free Digestion & Soothing Cleanse*
- Relieve Stress & Fatigue*
- CTS360™ Advanced ($49.99) is level 2 of the Complete Toning System. It is an exclusive blend of boosters for experienced weight loss supplement users.* Increase your weight loss with the best thermogenic fat burner on the market.
- Boost Metabolism & Burn Belly Fat*
- Control Appetite & Suppress Cravings*
- Reduce Stress & Water Weight Gain*
Regimen Recommendations and Product Warnings
Here are the regimen recommendations and product warnings, as listed on the company’s website:
- CTS360 Maximum:
- SUGGESTED USE: Take 1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the afternoon with food and 6-8 oz. of water.*
- WARNING: Do not exceed recommended serving size. Use only as directed. Not intended for use by persons younger than 18 or by those with a serious medical condition. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Please consult your physician before using this product. Do not use if tamper resistant seal is broken.
- NOTICE: Any person who participates in sports and/or any other competitor in sports who is subject to the WADA – Anti-Doping Code, or is subject to similar codes or other rules regarding the use of supplements in sports, should not use this product. Users are responsible to consulting with a medical provider and reviewing all ingredients prior to use. Users are responsible for complying with all laws and codes regarding participation in sports.
- CTS360 Night:
- SUGGESTED USE: Take 1 capsule no less than 30 minutes before bedtime (start with 1 capsule to assess your tolerance and gradually increase your serving size if needed).
- WARNING: Do not exceed more than 3 capsules in a 24 hour period. Not intended for use by persons under 18 or by those with a serious medical condition. If you suffer from insomnia, asthma, sleep apnea, are pregnant, nursing or taking any prescription medications, talk to your physician before taking this product. Do not use if tamper resistant seal is broken.
- CTS360 Advanced:
- SUGGESTED USE: Take 1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the afternoon with food and water.
- WARNING: Do not exceed recommended serving size. Use only as directed. Not intended for use by persons under 18 or by those with a serious medical condition. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Please consult your physician before using this product. Do not use if tamper-resistant seal is broken.
Here’s one thing we noticed. See those little * following all of the product claims? In fine print, at the bottom of each page, it tells you that those * mean that none of those statements have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
What’s the big deal, you ask?
Well, it simply means that Complete Nutrition can claim just about anything, and they are safe doing so, as long as they include that *. The claims they make for each product sound great. In fact, they sound like just what someone who was desperate to lose weight would want to hear. The problem is, none of those claims have been substantiated, or tested or, most importantly, proven.
On each product in the CTS360 program, the reviews (as listed on their website) are split. As of the time of writing this review, the CTS360 Maximum has 11 reviews listed, most to be positive, but almost all list extreme “jitters” or “jittery feeling” as a side effect. Some also claim to have increased thirst and sweating. Only a few reviews listed claimed they did not see any weight loss.
The CTS360 Night had 5 reviews listed, and all 5 were positive (one even claimed that this product somehow helped their back pain at night?).
CTS360 Advanced also had 5 reviews listed, and 3 of them claimed the product did not work at all.
It was somewhat troubling that for products that had been around for quite a while, we could not find many, if any, reviews on them listed elsewhere online. That being said, 21 reviews do not provide anyone with enough information on which to base any conclusion of effectiveness, or lack thereof.
On the positive side, the website looked to be well put together, and the products were nicely packaged and presented. We also like the fact that each product had the “Supplement Info” (contents, ingredients) clearly listed. The website includes helpful tabs for healthy recipes and healthy living resources (blogs, articles, etc.).
However, there is a downside to CTS360 and the Complete Nutrition website. Firstly, none of the results are documented, and there have been no clinical trials conducted.
Secondly, the reviews are practically non-existent. And even so, the few we found were either inconclusive as to the effectiveness of the program, or complained of negative results (i.e. – jittery, nervousness). Lastly, the CTS360 supplements do not come cheap. Results, if any, may take some time, so you would be looking at not only the cost of reaching your weight loss/health goals, but maintaining them. Oh, and even the Complete Nutrition website clearly states:
Complete Nutrition understands that there is no such thing as a “miracle pill.” Living a healthy lifestyle requires a commitment across the areas of a balanced diet, exercise, rest and hydration, and supplementation.
That means results may only be seen by combining their supplements with diet, exercise, rest, and hydration. So, despite the nice website and packaging and promises, there really are no “miracle pills”…but even if there were, CTS360 would most likely not be listed among them.
Our rating: 2 (out of 5)
Not worth it!